GBA Board Meeting
Tuesday, July 24, 2018, 8:30 am until 9:30 am
Greenfield Savings Bank, Greenfield, MA
A meeting of the Greenfield Business Association
GBA Meeting Minutes, July 24, 2018, 8:30 AM, held at GSB Greenfield, Lisa McKenna's office.
All officers present except Sheila Peers.
- Reviewed docs found in file cabinet in GBA cabinet at Chamber by Bill and Lisa
- Discussed GBA mission
- Leaving mission as is for now
- Discussed hiring a new "coordinator" / assistant
- Bill is meeting with Natalie and John, the new Shelburne Buckland Area Business Assoc. Coordinator
- Reviewed GBA Director position summary / job description
- We are going forward with holiday ornaments, holiday lights, jingle fest
- Other projects we could do:
- Rag shag parade, GBA has a table and hands out apples
- Town-wide tag sale. Use town common?
- We are contacting Jon Michaelson for this year's ornament
- George will contact Peter Miller re: photo of old train station
- Lisa moved to pay 50% of VisitGreenfieldMA.com website hosting to Montague WebWorks (Mik)
- Seconded by Sharon
- Vote passed unanimously
- [No longer necessary, per Mik's conversation with Fernando Fleury, Greenfield's IT Manager later in the day]
- Discussed the homeless tents on town common
- Town Council looking to possibly rezone common
- Where can they go?
- Bill and Mik will write letter to paper reintroducing GBA, laying out our plan for this year, and looking for board members
Meeting closed at 9:30 on a motion by George and seconded by several at the table. Passed unanimously.
Submitted by Mik